Subscribe By Email OR Feed OR Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Warm Dripping Springlike Day

What a beautiful day outside today! It feels warm. There are puddles at the end of the driveway. Every roof is dripping melted snow. The sun actually feels hot on my cheeks as I angle my face upwards.

The walk to the mailbox was indeed a pleasure-never mind the bills. On the way, I heard a strange sound, almost like the drill of a woodpecker. So, I walked past my mailbox in an attempt to spy the source.

Two houses down and there he was, one lone rather large black bird at the very top of the tallest tree in the neighborhood, crouched on a bare branch. It was almost as if he was bent over laughing at me, but maybe he was enjoying the spring-like weather as much as I was.

I think it was a crow, but I have never heard a crow sound like that before. Usually, a crow makes a harsh cawing sound, and I am used to them being in groups. Upon returning home, I got out my audio CD of the Birds of Minnesota to listen to the recordings of crows, ravens and grackles. However, I am still not sure as I am just learning and starting to pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Missing You Blogger Template